Have you always wanted to watch your favorite movies on your smart TV? Have you always carried the wish of experiencing a home theatre experience?
Okay, this article is definitely going to help you in materializing those dreams of yours.
Firstly, what you would be requiring is the latest version of VLC media player and also the Chromecast extension.
No idea about? I’ll help you there.
VLC Media Player
The vlc media player is your classic go-to option when it comes to watching movies and videos on your PC. It is, in fact, the most popular media player out there which is free, open source and cross-platform in nature. It can be operated on platforms like Windows, MAC, Android, Linux etc.
At this point, you might think, VLC works with Google Chromecast as well. But the thing is, it might work now with Chromecast, but the scenario wasn’t like that a few months back.
But that’s not the point. Now it is achievable. And for that, you need Chromecast extension.
What Is Chromecast?
Google constructed this streaming tool and named it Chromecast. Generated in 2013, Chromecast allows the users to watch movies and TV shows which are streaming on the internet, in their High Definition TV screens. Chromecast is also a cross-platform device, which works with Windows, MAC, iPhone etc.
How To Stream VLC to Chromecast On Your PC?
There are two ways to make this happen. Here I’ll discuss the way, where you can naturally pair Chromecast with VLC media player, without any plugin.
So let’s see how!
- First, you’ve to download the latest version of VLC media player and install it properly.
- Before going any further, you need to connect your Chromecast tool is properly to your TV.
- Next, go to VLC media player and reach for the option “Renderer”.
- From here, you’ll have to click on “scan” in order to search the nearby available devices. Select your Chromecast device from this list of devices.
- Now go to VLC media player and select the video you want to watch. As you play the video, you would see a quick box, appearing on your screen.
- This is for safety purpose. Once you click on “view certificate” you would see a certificate on your screen which depicts security declaration from unauthorized access. You need to click on “Accept Permanently”.
- Now your video would be successfully playing on your TV.
There’s almost a similar way to stream videos from your Android phone to your TV. So let us quickly go through those steps.
So, now you know how to pair your Chromecast with your VLC player.
If you still have any confusion, then you know where to go. Just visit layerpoint.com and learn in details.